Procrasti-Nation: SPRING IS FINALLY HERE!!!!!! No, you’re not getting sick, it ACTUALLY IS this warm! Instead of procrastinating with the normal Netflix and a blanket in bed , GET OUTSIDE AND BE ACTIVE!!! (Even if it’s only to walk to the Uber…) Here are some things you can do while actually moving off the couch for once in your life:
● The Rock ‘n’ Roll Marathon: Do you REALLY feel like giving an active edge to your procrastination? Join this rockin’ run through our nation’s capital starting at 7:30 AM this Saturday! Don’t feel like running? Pop a squat along a curb somewhere along the race route and watch everyone and feel sad that you can’t be that athletic / super happy you can be lazy while they are dying. More info here: http://www.runrocknroll.com/dc/the-races/course/
● Saison Day: Feel like being lazy through the day with lots of beer? Check out the Georgetown Belgian beer bar The Sovereign and test their newest beer, as well as some classics like Oxbow Continental or Brasserie Dupont Foret Libre. No cover charge!! Check it out: https://www.facebook.com/events/979417645468795
● Nellie’s Drag Brunch: It’s that most wonderful time of year… the season for great mimosas, eggs benedict, and your favorite queens of sass and glamor. Be entertained by Shiqueeta Lee and her Divas and their fabulous impressions of Diana Ross, Beyonce, Dolly Parton and more. Your first mimosa is included so WHO CAN SAY NO TO FREE ALCOHOL?! Get ready to brunch it up: https://www.eventbrite.com/e/nellies-drag-brunch-tickets-19390242738?aff=ebapi
● Museum Day Live: Ever have that museum you’ve been dying to check out yet you just DON’T want to PAY FOR IT! (Geez so many museums are free here, why isn’t THAT one?!?!!) Not to fear! On Saturday, a handful of museums that normally charge admission will open their doors for free. Highlights include the National Building Museum and the National Museum of Women in the Arts. For a complete list, visit http://www.smithsonianmag.com/museumday/
● Flamenco Festival: The annual Flamenco Festival continues this weekend at GWU’s Lisner Auditorium with a mesmerizing performance from Ballet Flamenco de Andalucia. It’s the 20th anniversary of the program, so check it out and don’t forget your castanets. More can be found at https://lisner.gwu.edu/flamenco-festival-ballet-flamenco-de-andalucia
● If anything, just grab a cocktail and enjoy the spring weather!!
Stay lazy everyone!